Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sketchbook Project Art House Gallery

I signed up for the Sketchbook Project. It sounds interesting. You buy a sketchbook from them, fill it in and donate it to the project. They assign you a theme. Thousands of sketchbooks will tour the US where many people will see the different sketchbooks. I think the deadline is the first of December. At any rate, I started. I'm not sure if you can view the projects without signing in. As I get used to the site where I publish my sketches, I will give you more information.

The theme for my sketchbook is "Thinking of You" . I am trying to do sketches that can also be used for the Scavenger Hunts to save time. You know I am lazy.

My first is "Art Gadgets". I posted it on the last Hunt as my favorite art gadgets. As for Thinking of You, I was thinking of Sue as she is the one that encouraged me to sketch all the time. She has given me several sketchbooks and is always sketching herself. I am sketching with pen and ink and may add color with colored pencils like I did with these two.

My second is a box of cereal, "Mom's Oatmeal". Thinking of Mom Frances who eats oatmeal and raisins every day. She used to cook the best breakfasts of fried potatoes, bacon, fried eggs, chili and fresh flour tortillas. She is 92 now and in assisted living so doesn't cook. They fix her cereal which she eats with no milk or sugar. Hmmm.

I hope to get the project finished ahead of time. We shall see.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

No milk or sugar? 'Gotta have me some brown sugar and a bit of milk with my oatmeal. And, some raisins. Heh. :)

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, that is right. She always said milk doesn't agree with her. Now she says the raisins are sweet enough. I used to like butter, cream and sugar.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

You might need to go to sleep with a pen in your hand, so you can wake up sketching!! Very ambitious and a cool project!! I like your colorful oatmeal box!

Jo Castillo said...

Regina, good idea! The sketchbook has lightweight paper, so with ink I will have to do one side only .. that shortens the project somewhat! Better do one today.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)