Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, July 31, 2009

Hunting Sketches #140

A couple of sketches for Scavenger Hunt 140. There is one more day and I have done eight! Joan has finished them all. She usually does. Her watercolors are scattered in with pen sketches so a nice mixture. I like the watercolor/pen combination in her sketches.

Number 7, Jeans and Number 8, Lamp. The fellow across the way had his laundry out on his front porch. Sheets on the bottom, then towels, then jeans. Hmmm. We have always put up a clothesline to dry our sheets, but no room here. We didn't opt for the front porch. :) I sketched for about 20 minutes out on the front step in the sun. It was too cool in the shade. It was also windy, so I didn't go paint away from home. Gene biked somehow. Not easy in the wind.

I worked on my website for most of the day. It takes awhile for me writing my own html. I still have some archives to work on. Maybe today.



We had dinner at the Roasted Clove, a fine dining restaurant here. It was very good. The bread served before looked so much like maraquetas from Bolivia, which I loved. I tasted a small piece of the crust. Sigh..... I had a bison brisket enchilada with black beans w/ jalapeños and corn on the cobb and Gene had some pork medalions with mashed sweet potatoes and purple cabbage. He also had a house salad which had mixed greens with strawberries, melon and cheese (feta?) on it. Looked good. I took a photo of the candle, bread and wine, it might make a nice still life sometime.

3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

This is a nice photo. I thought it was a painting until I enlarged it.
We ate at the Roasted Clove last winter when we went skiing with our daughter & family.

I found your blog from your comment on Jan Weaver's blog.

Virginia Floyd

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I like this porch sketch, Jo - especially the cloth blowing in the breeze. Nice feeling to it.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for stopping by to comment. Jan Weaver does some great pastels. Hope to see you painting soon! Angel Fire is great. We are in Carlsbad tonight and it is much, much warmer. :)

Hi Regina, thank you. I hope the wash is out again soon so I can take a photo and paint it! It was colorful, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)