Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, July 31, 2009

Art House Sketching Project and Sketches Hunt 140

The Art House Sketchbook Project is something that Jeanne Grant worked on last year and is doing again this year. I decided to jump in. They are in Atlanta and are trying to build a library of thousands of sketchbooks to send around the country for viewing. You can join in for $18. They send you the sketchbook with a theme and you just have to send it back by December 1, 2009.

You can see my page here, with a theme "Thinking of You" which was assigned by Art House. There is a link to Jeanne's work from my page. I am doing double duty by sketching for the Scavenger Hunts when I can. Otherwise, I would probably not finish it .... if I do.

This is my third sketch for this project and doubles for Scavenger Hunt 140. For "Thinking of You" it is the Communication Station where I think of all of you and communicate with you, my computer set up on a table in front of the fireplace that we aren't using here in the summer.

For the Hunt this is Number 9, hearth and Number 10, table. Done with the Pilot ball point pen in the Art House sketchbook. Probably about 15 - 20 minutes work.

5 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Jo, what a great blog, loads of info and very inspiring. I will be returning many times. I love your sketches.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan S., thank you so much. I have a lot of fun here. I will be back to visit your great blog, too. :)

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Very ambitious project, Jo, but smart to combine two into one. How many pages are in the Arthouse sketchbook? Sounds like fun!!

"JeanneG" said...

Hi Jo. I was wondering how your project book was going. I wish my theme was simpler. I am having trouble with it. I have several ideas but a book full of postcards...I don't know. I did one double page. Picture of the postcard on one side and the address side on the opposite page. It is a postcard to Santa from a child. I'm just not inspired by the theme tho.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Regina, I think there are 40 pages. I have only been sketching on one side as the paper is not thick, but I may do something else on the backs. You can do anything you want. You ought to do one...

Jeanne, I know what you mean. My theme is not exciting ... Thinking of You. I guess you just sketch and make it fit. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)