Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sketches for Hunt 135

These sketches for Scavenger Hunt 135 were done while watching the NCAA College Baseball World Series. Can you imagine me watching college baseball? The Horns play tonight and we are rooting for them as you know. You can watch on ESPN, 6:00 p.m. Central time. Go, Horns, go!!

The sketches are in my 7 x 10 inch sketchbook with Micron 05 pen and colored pencils. The coloring always takes much more time than the sketching.

Number 1, from the earth.

Number 2, it smells - garlic. Number 3, blue - the garlic canister.

Number 4, from the sea - I chose this bottle opener fish. It is about 6 inches high and made of mother of pearl and brass it seems. It is jointed so flops down or can stand on its tail. It is glossy and looks more golden, but I covered most of the highlights with the other pencils. I needed to save the light areas. I will have to practice that. Of course, I don't do colored pencil much as it is slooooooow. I get bored and cover the highlights. Right? Right.

Yesterday at golf, I caught this cottontail by hole number 12.

We don't see as many animals as they have cleared more underbrush. But we did see a lovely snake on number 17. I didn't have the camera and it moved away very quickly. It was a blotched water snake about four feet long. Gene looked it up on the internet. They are not venomous but will bite you and draw blood. Not good, eh? When I Googled this to get a link, there was a photo of one eating a toad in Austin. I did not link to that for Joanna.

4 comments:

Ai said...

Cool Hunt sketches Jo and super cute bunnie too.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi there, Ai. Thank you so much. I'm surprised that I am liking sketching more all the time!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: Cute capture and a neat fish sketch.

Jo Castillo said...

fishing guy, we don't see nearly as many animals at the golf course as they have cut much of the under growth the last year or so. Rabbits are exiting now. :) Thanks on the fish, it is more shiny than I made it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)