Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sketching on Hunt 127

It seems like I just started Hunt 126 and now Scavenger Hunt 127 is in the works. I sketch usually with pen, freehand. I try to sketch quickly, training my eyes to see correctly and put it down once . I'm not always successful, but sketches are just that and not meant to be finished drawings. Sketches are usually personal and not seen by others. The Scavenger Hunts are a way to find different subjects to sketch and free your mind to just sketch. We share our sketches, so it has prompted me to show them to everyone, good or bad (the sketches, I mean).

Tonight I sketched with a Lamy pen in my regular sketchbook, 7 x 10 inch pages.

Number 1, extension cord. About 5 - 10 minutes.

Number 2, sticky. A rice cake with peanut butter. Number 3, reusable. A cup and saucer.

I painted a barn for the April Challenge that I am hosting on wetcanvas.com, in the Southwest and Western Art forum. It is a little oil painting. When oils are first painted and wet it is hard to get a photo because of the reflections on the strokes. It should be dry enough tomorrow to get a snapshot at least.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: That cord is really neat, very nicely done.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, fishing guy, you always cheer me up.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)