Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Adobe Sun, Pastel Painting

This pastel painting was a delight to work on. I am really pleased with the results. The scene is the same one I worked on at the Desmond O'Hagan workshop. The feel of it is what I strive for, especially in a small painting.

The photo, however, is not great. I had to take it with the Daylight lights and not in the sun. I will retake the photo when the sun comes out, maybe this evening or tomorrow. The digital photo separates the strokes - no, separates the colors - so much and emphasizes the blue and makes hard edges where there are none. When you look at the small thumbnail, that is more what the painting looks like to me. Hopefully a new photo in the sun will let you see what I see.

Adobe Sun
Pastel on Pastelbord, 5 x 7 inches
(click the small thumbnail for a larger image)

The painting in real life is not that "electric". In the meantime, enjoy this little memory of New Mexico. This is another for the show at Peppers Art Gallery in Magdalena, New Mexico, in July.

I hope you had a great day today, we had rain! Not enough, but everything was wet and it was cloudy and cool.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I like it and am looking forward to a better photo! :)

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you Joanna, I took some sunny photos and will check them out after my painting time.

Bag Blog said...

I can see the looser style of the Desmond workshop and it works well.

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

This looks great, Jo! Will you painting a larger version of this one?...

Unknown said...

So pretty, I wanted to do something like but traveling by at 80 MPH was hard to take the shot I wanted.

genecast41@aol.com said...

It looks good from San Angelo, TX. See you tomorrow.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. It is hard to use too much of his advice in a small painting and have it read as something. At least for me...ha.

Johanne, thank you so much. I am going to do something similar on a big board, but not the same place.

Sheila, thank you. I had several different shots at 60 MPH and combined them to get the painting. :) I have many in NM but have a hard time finding the one I want to use. :(

Jo Castillo said...

Gene, Hi there! Hope you like it in person, too. I like it much better in real life. See ya.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)