Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Green Eats, Update and Hunting Blue

I finally got a good/better photo of the green apples and grapes. Sunshine brings out the color. I took a couple of photos in the shade and when that didn't work I took some in the sun. The ones I took earlier in the afternoon had glare in the direct sun. I tried again about 4:00 p.m. and with the late sun the photo came out better. Digital cameras usually make taking photos with a lot of red and blue difficult and with both colors in this painting, the yellow background kept going dull. The final photo is much better with very little adjustment in Photoshop Elements. I will insert the previous photo so you won't have to go back, but if you want, here is the previous post.


First photo posted previously. New photo below:


Green Eats
Acrylic 5 x 7 inches
(click to see larger)

I still like the painting better in real life, but at least this new photo is closer to the real thing. The red is not quite so bright.

Last night I turned off my computer and watched a bad TV movie and sketched. I am hosting Scavenger Hunt 119 so sketched for that project.


Number 2 Something blue - a little blue bottle with a cork and wooden spoon and Number 3, camera - my flip video recorder, I have sketched my camera many times. Bad perspective to go with the bad movie. These were done with the Lamy pen, blue ink and Micron 005 , sienna ink. About forty minutes for both.

I may have to turn off the computer again tonight, I have been here most of the day working on Austin Pastel Society things and general art paperwork. The brain is fried. I know what, a glass of wine and watch Susan Carlin paint for a while, that will be relaxing. She paints and broadcasts on YouStream on most Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. Central Time. It is interactive so you can chat and watch. Maybe I will see you there!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! A lot of difference between the two photos. Love the warm yellows that now show up in the apples and grapes - they look yummy!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Teresa. Amazing what sunshine does in photos. I could not correct the color enough on the photos I took in the shade.

Joanna said...

I like the painting a lot better in the second photo...good thing you took another one!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I knew the first one was wrong, but I was excited to post it. Maybe next time I will wait. :) Someone may not come back, right?

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

I'm having the same trouble with yellow. It's making me nuts. Also you know I'm right beside you with the expanding remodeling project. We are about to tile a lot LOT more than planned.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Nancy .. actually photos are difficult. For more important photos I call on Joanna or Larry, they know how to do it and have those high powered cameras, too. :) I always take pastels in direct sun and it works great.

Good luck with your tile, your walls look great!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)