Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sketching - finish this Sketchbook

I got back in the groove today! I painted on an "acrylic" painting. No pastels today. Hrrumph!

I also did a few sketches and finished up this book (another gift from Regina). Thanks, Regina, it has been nice. An elastic on it to hold the paper in the wind and keep it closed, a Cachet Studio Blank Book, 7 x 10 inches. I started it February 23, 2008 at the baseball game, first of the season and the UT Band was there. A great memory! Almost a year in the making, 128 pages. A few are scratches only and many have two sketches a page. That is great. Mostly sketches for the Scavenger Hunts, but a few others on the road or for a painting.


For Scavenger Hunt 117, all done with a Micron 005 in sienna. Number 13 - light bulb, 8 minutes and number 14 - bottle, a couple from the liquor supply. The Everclear was empty and where did it come from?? The little one is Gran Marnier from an airplane I guess. It is unopened. Hmmm. About 10 - 15 minutes.


Number 15 - computer, Gene's on his lap. 10-15 minutes.


Number 16 - flower, an artificial one this time of year. Silk and plastic bluebonnets. 20 minutes??

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Finished up a sketch book - I need to do more drawing.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

That is quite an achievement - and I know you've finished more than one! I have about eight sketchbooks - each with only a few sketches in them. Good work, Jo!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag blog, Sketching is not my favorite thing, but I am beginning to look at it without feeling it is a chore.

Regina, thank you. Having the books is a start. I have a couple more I need to work on. Gifts from you and Sue. Keeps me sketching! I'm almost having fun now. Ha.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: As usual, neat sketches. Did Gene have to stay still or did you just catch his hand at a slow point?

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, fishing guy. I'm pretty sure he had paused his typing and was reading. Oh shucks, I should have used him moving for the excuse for a poor drawing of the hand. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1800) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)