- In case you don't know them already, here are the rules for the Hunt:
- *All items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo references.
- *Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
- *You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
- *All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch then, from 1 to 26.
- Do as many or as few items as you like. you don't have to finish the entire list to participate! The Scavenger Hunt "week" will last for 9 days, with the next hunt on the 9th day.
- Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups.
- Photos of your subjects are welcome.
- Scavenger Hunt 99. . . From A to Z
- Folds or folded
- X word item
- Sketch in order
- Use 3 to 5 different media on the list.
This is a half a page in the sketchbook and done with a regular Pilot ball point pen. About 10 minutes.
We had a great time in Arizona.
We went via Douglas and Bisbee and stopped by the Lavender open pit mine for some photos. Amazing how much dirt and minerals have been removed.
We played golf in Naco, Arizona, just a few miles from Sierra Vista.
Always fun to play with Roger. This is Roger and Gene as we wait on hole number 11.
We managed to miss most of the thunderstorms, especially during golf it was nice. The countryside is so green and beautiful.
This is a view off of Highway 90 between Lordsburg and Silver City. Just beautiful, right?
I just heard about a great charity. Patriot Golf Day started by Major Dan Rooney. Some people do nice things. It is a scholarship fund for families of soldiers killed or disabled in Iraq or Afghanistan. 95% of the funds get to the people. Rooney is a pilot and decided to do this. You can play golf on Labor Day weekend and donate to the fund. I think there are about 4,000 golf courses that are participating and they are trying to have 10,000 by next year. The course in Naco didn't participate, so we just donated on-line.