I failed to post my latest sketches for Scavenger Hunt 94. I did them on Wednesday.
Number 5, cheers. 10 minutes, Micron 005 in my NY Sketchbook. I sketched Gene's and my hands as we toasted with our red wine. Gene's hand looks better than that, but he had to sip occasionally, so my model was moving.
Number 6, something that makes me happy. 20 minutes. For that moment it was a new bug light we bought made by Off. It seemed to work very well at keeping the bugs away. A little longer to sketch as the light of day was fading fast.
I was just reading over my post, Why be a Sketching Scavenger, to see my progress or lack of. I posted it in November 2007.
I quote from that post:
3. What sort of plan did I have in mind?
- I planned to sketch with a pen, preventing me from erasing and correcting.
- I would sketch as many items as possible and try to sketch the ones I considered hardest.
- I would sketch every Hunt.
- I would post all my Hunt sketches and comment on the other artists' sketches.
4. What have I accomplished?
- I sketch regularly, not daily.
- I post my sketches and comment.
- My sketching is more accurate and faster ... when I concentrate and work at it.
- My confidence in sketching has improved and I think that is partly because of the support of the other artists on the Hunts.
Number 3 is the same. I still use a pen unless the Hunts have a challenge to use other media. Sometimes I add colored pencil or watercolor. I see other sketchers doing that and I seems to liven up the sketches. I have posted in almost all the Hunts. I put only one sketch in several and missed 3 or 4.
As for Number 4, my accomplishments, they continue in the same direction. I still tend to be lazy and not think about perspective until I have a line down. I will keep at it though and hope that it is helping my painting. I do have to admit that I actually enjoy sketching now. Thanks to Sue Modrak for keeping me in sketchbooks! Regina Burchett has also given me sketchbooks and is encouraging in my pastel work. Thanks to the Scavenger Hunt artists that encourage as well. It is fun on wetcanvas.com to see who is in the Hunts each 9 days. Every once in a while someone drops in to sketch that hasn't participated in several Hunts. It is a nice group of supporters. And thanks to you readers that encourage me with your comments.