**Note Flash -- I posted this about two hours ago or so and have been reading my blogs. I'm quite behind with the show and traveling. I find that Kelly Borsheim has awarded me with another Arte y Pico on July 23. Wow. Thank you, Kelly. She is one of the artists I had in mind for my awards, as I said below, every artist in my links is deserving. Kelly is an amazing sculptor and painter. Living and working part of the year in Italy. If you haven't checked out her work, now is the time. Browse around her blog and find her painting on the sidewalks. Her sculptures seem to breathe. She is famous for nudes but her sea turtles and fish are just wonderful. She is another artist that is sharing and giving in her knowledge.
I copied this paragraph from Susan Carlin's blog, she has received this award as well.
It appears this award originated with a blogger named Eseya from Paraguay whose desire it was to award bloggers who inspire her and whose work she admires. The domino effect set in and now it's said to be one of highest honors among bloggers. And so I give the Arte y Pico Award to the following five bloggers:
- Regina Burchett, my friend and painting buddy in pastels. Regina and I have great times painting together. She has a great technique, I love her skies. She is also a writer.
- Leslie D'Allesandro Hawes, the fairy lady, and super blogger. Leslie can draw with colored pencil like nobody else I know. She has a way with words and has jumped into blogging in a huge way.
- Rose Welty, dedicated artist, member of Fine Art Friends. Rose does a great deal of research into the art world. She is generous and inspiring in her dedication.
- Jeanne Grant is one of the Scavenger Hunt artists. She has taken part in each of the Hunts. Her art has grown and she has a quirky sense of humor that keeps the rest of us sketching. She takes part in many forums on wetcanvas.com.
- Joan Tavolott is also a Scavenger Hunt participant. She does amazing watercolors and is sharing and fun. Her sketches and paintings inspire us all.
From Eseya's page: What is the meaning of the expression: And basically, ironically, it translates into a wonderful phrase in Mexico, “lo maximo.” LOL! It will never find its counterpart in English, but if it HAD to, it would be something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top.
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributions to the blogger community, regardless of language.