Exhibits

Gallery: Art Connections Gallery 908 Main Street, Bastrop Texas 512 581-1799 http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/


See additional work on my website

Thursday, April 03, 2008

More Sketches for Scavenger Hunt #80

This evening I did a couple of sketches for Scavenger Hunt #80 on wetcanvas.com. If you are new to my blog you can read about why I sketch and participate in these Hunts here.


Number 4, something with a hole in it. A little garlic pot. If you look carefully you will see why I cross hatched the background. I had the perspective on the lid very wrong and I do not erase. I sketch with a pen and this is a method of correcting my drawing. :)



Number 5, something shiny. A silver peppermill.

5 comments:

fishing guy said...

Jo: I really like your sketches.

Jo Castillo said...

fishing guy, thanks so much. Good thing that the actual items are even and smooth. Just my drawings are wacky and crooked. :)

Skybag said...

This is my first time to visit your blog and read about the Scavenger Hunt - what fun! And I really like your wacky and crooked drawings :)

Joan said...

These are good, especially the shiny peppermill!!

Jo Castillo said...

skybag, Thanks. The Hunts have been good for me and I am slowly, very slowly, straightening them up. Ha. Your clouds were awesome.

Joan, thank you. I'm trying to simplify but don't do as well at that as you. Hmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill