Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 07, 2007

Sculptor, Kelly Borsheim

I have been remiss in sharing a new link to Kelly Borsheim's blog. She started her blog in September and I forgot about it until a few weeks ago. Sorry. (That is what happens when you use two computers and forget to transfer your blog reader links.) Kelly is in Italy. She lives in Cedar Creek, near Bastrop. She is an amazing artist. Her nude sculptures are so wonderful and she sculpts sea life as well. I think her bronze turtles would swim and walk if taken off their stands.

Kelly painting in Bastrop, October 2003,
during Art on the Bridge. She was the featured artist for October.

I met Kelly about 8 years ago, I think. She was at the Harvest Art Fest in Austin. Sometime after that she joined the Guild so we were able to share her knowledge and see her work up close and in person. Now she is so busy we rarely see her. I doubt I will get to Italy any time soon. How about you?

Kelly is a dedicated and fascinating artist. She studies, researches, and applies all her knowledge to her art career. Have a look at her web page and blog. You will be impressed at all the information and photos she shares with us. She writes enthusiastically and prolifically.

You are warned, so go get you a cup of coffee before you start and come back here afterwards and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I checked Holly's web page. She has some really amazing sculptures. Being the beach person you know I am, I'm drawn to the marine life! Her paintings are wondderful too. How lucky for her to get to go to Italy. I haven't checked out her blog because I don't have that much time today, but I'll try to get there soon.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, Kelly is so dedicated to her work. She has worked so hard to get to travel and learn. Inspiring to us all.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)