Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 07, 2007

Scavenger Hunt 65 Sketches

I didn't post to the Hunt yet. It ends today. I just went to post and wetcanvas.com did not respond. They must be working on something on the site. wetcanvas.com is a very large community of artists. Every medium and technique have forums for discussion, demonstrating and learning. The problem is probably big, too. (Note: posted to wet canvas on 12/08/07)

I will post my sketches here for now. They are done with a Micron 005 pen

#1, a bell. This is a bell from Bolivia, about 3 inches tall made of metal. 10 minutes or so.


#2, a container of pencils, pens, etc. A wooden cup, again from Bolivia, that sits on my desk. 15 minutes.


#3, thermometer and #4, the bottom of something. The thermometer is a rectangle, not a trapezoid. :( 10 minutes and the stapler bottom about 10 minutes as well.


#5, a magazine. 15 minutes


#6, a bowl of something. Little wooden bowls from Bolivia with red and black beans that we used for counters when we played "Telefunken", a progressive rummy game. When we teach this game, everyone says we make the rules as we go because it has an abundance of rules. It is a very simple game and only takes a few hands to catch on to ALL the rules. It is fun for up to 8 people. You need about 4 decks of cards for that many players.

#7, something green. One of the last two live plants in the house. Most can't survive the lack of care when we travel so much. This corn plant keeps hanging on.

6 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Jo, I like the stapler - you did a nice job. Actually, as I was looking through these I was reminded of how these hunts have improved your drawing!

Nice job.

Jo Castillo said...

Rose, thanks. Yours was great as well. I wonder what tickled our fancy about staplers. Hmm.

Joan said...

I just tried WetCanvas and they are still having problems. I was only going to look today. Yesterday I didn't do any sketches for the hunts. My sister and I were experimenting with doing our first "pours" with watercolor, a process that involved LOTS of time waiting for things to dry. Your group of sketches is great. I like the bell (as always an unusual one from you) and the vase with art materials.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I just got to post on wetcanvas. Sounds like your pouring was fun. I have such a problem with waiting for watercolor to dry. I'll go check your blog for updates. :) Thanks for the visit.

Joanna said...

Glancing at the sketches, I thought the stapler was a (an?) harmonica. Then, I saw the "bottom of something" tag and wondered how you could really tell the bottom from the top of the harmonica. Then, I saw the "stapler" tag and realized it really was a stapler. No harmonica to be found. Ha!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, now that I look at the sketch, it does sort of look like a harmonica. I don't have one anymore and we have to sketch from life. :) I guess I won't be sketching one.

Hugs..


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)