Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 14, 2007

Scavenger Hunt #66 sketches


Hope you are all making headway on your holiday plans. Above is another little piece of computer art I used on a note at some time, probably ten years or so ago when our street was Pine Wood . Always fun to sketch, even on the computer.

I did a trio of sketches for the Scavenger Hunt 66. I can't seem to give up on them. I have taken part in most and somehow I can't just stop. I know that is the best thing to stop an addiction is to just quit, but..... I worked on these in my NY sketchbook on Sunday. Must have been watching golf ... or a Lifetime movie. Something constructive.

Number 1, my hand. Just a few minutes with the Micron 005 pen.




#2, something purple. A Christmas present from Regina. The bag is purple and the paper is red. Very cool looking. I forgot to go back and color it. Oh well. The sketch took just a few minutes. I had to look inside the bag Regina said there was a Christmas ornament with my name on it. :) I happened to see a new sketchbook. Tell you about that when it is officially opened.



#3, my favorite magazine. Well, this is probably my second favorite, with the Pastel Journal first. But, I drew the Pastel Journal last Hunt. This has been my favorite until the Pastel Journal came out. Joanna gave me a subscription to The Artist's Magazine for Christmas many years ago and I have anxiously awaited each issue. Both magazines are owned by the same company now and they are changing. I have not enjoyed either magazine as much the last couple of years. They are turning into promotion of selected artists instead of helping all artists. At least in my way of looking at them. How do I get so sidetracked?

I haven't worked on my art the last week or so. I have painters block I suppose. I was working on a new large painting for the Austin Pastel juried show with a deadline of January 11 for the entries. Not doing great in that direction. We have not started our decorating for Christmas, Gene's brother arrives on Wednesday, Jennie and the Granddogs arrive on Friday. So no time for painting until after that. Maybe in the meantime some grand new idea will come into my "zone".

6 comments:

Joan said...

Jo, I'm glad you haven't completely stopped the hunts. I so enjoy seeing your work. I love the pinecones and branch at the top. I had collected some pinecones when we were doing all the leaves with the hope of painting them. Maybe when the holidays are over. I need to start baking cookies today!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, Thanks. I haven't done the computer drawing much lately. I really like the comaraderie in the Hunts as much or more than the sketching so that is a problem as I hang around too long. :)

Leslie Hawes said...

The hand sketch is amazing.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Leslie. Comments from you about my drawing skills are special. :)

Leslie Hawes said...

Don't you just love the hand?
I used to draw my feet, because I would sit on the bed barefoot, and they were the closest things to draw :)

Jo Castillo said...

I'm never barefoot so I have drawn my feet in shoes, mostly sneakers. They are certainly handy.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (974) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1795) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)