Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Scavenger Hunt 50, Sketch #1

Scavenger Hunt # 50 started yesterday. Here is my #1, something just outside the back door, Micron 05 burnt umber pen in the NY sketchbook. 15 minutes. The circuit breaker box and meter, watering can, buckets and a towel over the bucket. Pretty sight! Ha.

My sketching is getting better I think. I am getting faster and a bit more accurate. My style doesn't change. I would like to do very even hatches and some dots like pointillism, but that would mean more time and as you know, I am not patient. I want it done yesterday. It is more important to me that I am getting an image that I can live with. I do not erase and usually my sketches are the first try. Rarely to I scrap it and start over.

It is interesting to me because I am not impatient in other things. I can just sit and look at the sky or birds or whatever and I don't get antsy, but with art I want instant gratification. Maybe that is why I like ink and pastels as opposed to colored pencil or watercolor. You have to do many layers and in the case of watercolor, wait for it to dry.

I pointed you to Linda Blondheim Art Notes the other day. Today's recipe is for a tuna dip and she uses toasted bagel bits instead of chips or crackers. It sounds great. I would use regular tuna, not smoked, but still makes me hungry ... and of course the rice and nut crackers for me. For any gluten free person out there check out Nut-Thins made by Blue Diamond. They are excellent. You can find them at main grocery chains now. I see on-line that they have several new flavors. Yummmm.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (982) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)