Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, August 27, 2007

Mom Frances and Kristopher Battles, Marine Corps Artist

We have been in Albuquerque because Gene's mom had a heart episode, as they say. She had a stent put in that covers two blockages on Friday. She came home yesterday and is recovering quite nicely. She is pleased to be breathing much easier. When she was at home in Magdalena, her doctors in Socorro said she would just have to live with the blockages at her age, 90. She had the episode early Friday morning and was taken to the Heart Hospital and they decided to do the stent. Different doctors, different ideas. Great results!

I didn't get any posting done. Tonight as I was going through the blogs I read on a regular basis I saw that Kristopher Battles had posted some new portraits. You should check out his great work if you haven't already. Very talented and so interesting to see the documentation of the Marines.

I did do a tree sketch and will post that tomorrow.

2 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Sorry about your mom-in-law. But glad she is doing better. I ran into the same trouble yesterday at the doctor. He would like me to lose weight before knee surgery. If I could, it would have already been done.He mentioned 100 lbs. By then I would sure have a messed up knee and every other joint would be gone. Still waiting to see what happens next as he is faxing his results to my regular medical doctor.

Jo Castillo said...

Jeanne, Yes all here is fine. I'm 100% again. Nice. I could stand to loose weight, too. Hope you get some relief for your knee.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)