Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Letters from Home

I was reading Bag Blog's entry for a couple of days ago about her cousin in Iraq. From there I went to see a new blog by Kris from there found Thinking Right. Each of these bloggers are supporting our troups and it is a good thing. Some very positive things are going on in Iraq. So I'm writing a letter to send to Jim at letters@thinking-right.com and hope that you might do the same. I don't have a cousin in the service to write to, so this is a great alternative.

When we were in South America we always had great times with the Marines and supported their efforts at the Embassies. The absolute, must attend, party was the Marine Corps Ball for the Marines birthday. We went every year. Maybe that is why and where son, David, first thought about becoming a Marine.

As I have said before in my blog, my brother was in the 1st Infantry Division, engineer, in the Army in World War II and was in the Invasion of Normandy. He was wounded twice in Europe and had volunteered to go to the Pacific when the war ended. Gene was on a Missile Crew in the Air Force during the Vietnam crisis. David was in the Marines for 12 years. I wrote about this here for Memorial Day.


At any rate, I think of our soldiers, their families and sacrifices every day. We live a great life and I am thankful that these men and women are protecting our country. It is because of their service that we can live peacefully and enjoy our freedoms here in the States.

Thank you, all.

My letter from home will soon be on the way.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Jo. Our soldiers can always use the encouragement.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog .. No problem, I know how important it is to write and support the soldiers. I hope others do the same. :)
Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)