Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sketches, Scavenger Hunt 49

We did as planned. We left Silver City and I dropped Gene off a few miles out of town. Gene biked 27.8 miles on Highway 182 toward Deming. We were to meet at the rest stop. I sketched and had a coke. The nice part of the high desert is that you can be in the shade and it is cool. I was sitting under a tree in my canvas chair. A guy stopped at the rest stop and as he was leaving, he slowed down and said, "Now that is the life! Congratulations!" He probably thought I had a beer and not a coke in the coozie. :)


For Scavenger Hunt 49, #1, an out building, is one of the picnic table huts. It is in my NY sketchbook, Micron 005 burnt umber pen. about 40 minutes.


#2, something owned by someone other than yourself or household, a spiffy blue car at the rest stop. I was drawing it off to the right side of the page so I could do two sketches on the page and just drew right off the page. I guess I was looking at the car and not the paper, shucks. I expected the driver to return and drive away. Micron 005 pens, burnt umber and blue and watercolor pencils, blue and black. about 25 minutes total to sketch and color. Coloring takes longer than sketching. #3, something with number buttons, the TV remote in my hand for a challenge. In graphite in the NY sketchbook, 10 minutes.

After I sketched the car, I decided to use my new watercolor sketchbook. I started a landscape in pen and was going to add watercolor tints on it. All fine and dandy, but I didn't take a brush. I could have improvised as I had the watercolors and water. And so it goes ... the mind, that is. I took out a puzzle book and Gene arrived before I could even start, so no lost time.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)