Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Paintings for Show

I finally got the web page set up for the show in Magdalena. I have a page for Peppers Art Gallery on my page and put my paintings all together there.


They always look so neat to me, together in one place Most of them are framed in black. I will take photos when we get them hung in Magdalena so you can see how they look on the walls. On the gallery page, you can click on them and surf back and forth and see each one with information and price. I have decided to put the price of my paintings on my page. I think that there is sooooo much art available that if anyone has to wonder about the price, they will go on to another place. They want shopping or looking to be as easy as possible.

My web site has grown so much over the years. I'm going to streamline it down like this gallery page, but it will take some time. I have so many images on my site. Let me know if you like this sort of slide show look. I think it is better than opening a photo and having to click back on the browser to return. I'm always closing the browser instead of clicking on "Back". But then I am old as dirt. This arrangement should be easier.

The deadline is approaching. I still have to do the lists, painting tags, door prize tickets, etc. Gene has finished the framing and is organizing the packing. We take most of my studio, I am so spoiled about that. Gene needs his bicycle and the things that go with that. Clothes for the warm weather and some warm clothes for the end of the trip. If we go to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque again you need coats, gloves and hats for that. And it could snow before we come back. Golf clubs, etc.

The flooding rains have been going around Bastrop for the most part. We haven't been to see how high the Colorado River is here. I'm sure it is very high. Lake Travis went up 7 feet in one night. They had 19 inches of rain in Marble Falls, about 80 miles from here. Our house is in no danger from the river, but there are many that are. So far there have been no lives reported lost, lots of rescues. An incredible amount of property damage, etc. We shall see.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! You need to be SO proud. Doesn't that look GOOD?
I'm running out of the house this moment, but I will come back to oooh and ahhh some more. GREAT.

Jo Castillo said...

Leslie, Thank you! At this point in preparation I'm always thinking,"Why did I say I would do this?" But we are almost ready. Whew.
Jo

Anna Sellers said...

I love seeing the collection like that. It is absolutely stunning!

When you are all done and the show is over do you say "Boy I am glad I agreed to do that."?

Joanna said...

Those look great together. And, well done on the slide show!

By the way, I heard one of the weather guys last night say that the 19 inches of rain that fell in 8 hours over Marble Falls is the type of occurrence that happens once every 500 years. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I love the slide show format.

You're right. Showing the prices has to be easier for buyers.

Lines and Colors blog has that great post about artists websites.

http://www.linesandcolors.com/2007/05/31/how-not-to-display-your-artwork-on-the-web/

I read that post and cringe at all I need to correct on my site.

The best of success to you at Pepper's. Thanks to Gene for all his support.

Jo Castillo said...

Anna,
Thanks so much.
And yes, I will be happy we did the show and ready to go for the next one. :) It is just the last minute jitters.
Jo

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, Thank you. You have been so much help and always give good advice and help on my page.

I remember about 1998 or 1999 we had 16 inches of rain here, but it was in about 4 days, not a few hours. Big floods here, Webberville, Bastrop and Smithville.

I never heard of that much rain at one time before. 'Course I haven't been around 500 years.

M

Jo Castillo said...

Leslie, My web site is so old, needs much updating. It was fine in the beginning. I will check out what Lines and Colors has to say.
Thanks,
Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)