Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Old Sketches 1999/2000, Baseball today

I mentioned on March 21, that I found some old sketches that are like the sketches I'm doing now in the Scavenger Hunts. In the Hunts we have a list of 26 everyday items to sketch in 9 days. The list has things like your keys, a hat, your favorite chair, etc. I found this sketch from 1999 of my keys and my hand done in pencil. Below are my keys and my hand from last summer 2006. Pretty cool. Back then I had not heard of the Scavenger Hunts.

1999

2006


This sketch of scenery must be from my imagination and not life as it says, "who knows". It is similar to the sketches I've done when the Hunt requires a landscape out your car or house window.

1999



I seldom use colored pencils, but I found this one of a building at the State Park. It looks like I was sketching while waiting for my grandchildren by the swimming pool. It is interesting to me that my style hasn't changed much. I do think that I work faster and am more sure in what I am doing. Hmmmm.

2000


The Longhorns lost today, 11-9 to Kansas State. Drat. Read about it on the official page. They were just a little out of sync including the pitchers. Then the Wildcats were hitting more and the balls were going in the perfect spots to fall for base hits. There were many hits, amazing catches and base running. The final score was not in our favor. It was about 75 degrees and a beautiful day for a game. At the end, they let any kids under 14 run the bases. I got this snapshot of the beginning of the line. They let the second kid go when the first one reached first base. The little guy on the left was overtaken by about 3 or four of the older kids that followed him. They were great fun to watch. I took movies and they were fun to watch over again tonight. There were many more runners than in this photo. Fun.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)