Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Scavenger Hunt #28, Feb. 5 to Feb. 13 Sketching

I'm hosting Scavenger Hunt #28. (This means I made the list and try to comment on sketches.) You sketchers and learners out there, come join us. There is a list of 26 items, you do as many as you can in the 9 days. Comment if you want to. It is a way to sketch more often and not have to think of something to sketch. It is all for fun and learning. The challenge this time is to do something in reverse sketching. Sketch the highlights and let the paper be the dark,shadows. You can take as long as you want in the medium of your choice. You can drop in and out. I usually sketch in pen or Prismacolor pencils to calm my urge to erase and correct. I am trying hard to train my eye to see quickly and correctly and pass that to my drawing hand. Sometimes I do very well. At other times I start too quickly and just plow in and loose my perspective and ellipses. I have yet to complete all 26 items in the 9 days. Maybe this time .. ah, probably not, we will be traveling next weekend. See how it goes. :) These hunts on wetcanvas.com have kept me interested and sketching regularly.

I posted my first one for this Hunt, #1 - hand soap, as the challenge for everyone to get the idea of the reverse sketching.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)