Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Silver City, Finally














We are finally pretty settled in our summer house in Silver City, New Mexico, and made it to the golf course yesterday and played eighteen holes with a cart. Well, we play at golf. We do not take it seriously, we go for fun. We usually walk nine holes. My husband, Gene, and I made a pact to not argue on the golf course and not tell each other what to do. This has been a very good arrangement. We enjoy our outdoor time together very much. It is a very nice course here and inexpensive for a summer membership. The photo is the golf course looking over #18. It rained the day before, so everything looks great. We even saw a blooming water lilly in one pond.

We left Magdalena on Saturday and then went to Las Cruces to meet some friends so there were a few days of no sketching. Yesterday and today it was catch up day for paperwork and settling in.

Now, back to art. I was sketching in Magdalena almost every evening, so am posting a couple of sketches from there. I was doing well on the lawn chair, had about 20 minutes into it and then Mom Frances came out and took my 'model' to sit in. So I just quickly put in the seat, the last part I was drawing. I did not bother to make the lattice work straight. It is not even, over and under, so was planning to show that. Oh well, I think the perspective is pretty good with a Sharpie and no erasing. The sketch of Gene reading was in the house and done with pencil, so was not very dark for the photo. You can get the idea. He, of course, closed and put the paper down when I was just getting to that. Ahhhh, models. Get what you pay for, I guess. For those of you that know him, I think you can recognize him. Ha.

Hopefully, I will do some art every day here. I started setting up my equipment in the guest room and have now decided to move it to the study so we won't have to move it when we have company. This means moving the table/desk so need Gene's help.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were ever gonna post from SC. And, yes, I knew that was Dad immediately!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi there, Joanna,

It is about time. I plan to do a sketch tonight. Joining in a scavenger hunt on wetcanvas.com to sketch a list of items. See if I can catch up with the others. :)

Mom


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)