Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day



Gene, Happy Father's Day!

I painted yesterday and Gene cut paper for me, then I promptly ruined it. It was some sanded paper I had had for years and I tried an alcohol underpainting on it and it disolved the grit. :( But it must not have been that good to start with. Hmmm. As I recall, it was pretty expensive for the time. Oh well. You always learn something.

This is a small 5 x 7 on navy blue Daler-Rowney paper. I like their bright colors in paper. These are flower pots from Bolivia and I always think they look like the ladies with their babies on their backs, just waiting and talking. You get a glance from the corner of your eye and they look alive. I have done several paintings of them and gave away the ones Gene liked, so here is another.

Have you been watching the College World Series? We are sad that Texas is not there. The games have been something. WOW! Check it out on Joanna's page

The World Cup is on as well. The USA-Italy game was not great. The officiating was awful. :( Go USA!


Later,
Jo

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Yeah, Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I like the new painting, Mom. But then, I always like the pot lady paintings.

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting.. Good Job

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks Joanna and Jennie. I like the pots, too. They just remind me of Bolivia and the wonderful people.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)