Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Painting Apples Yet Again, Pastel

I painted yesterday at the gallery.  I was painting a still life of apples and a pear.  I intended it for the Challenge of 200 paintings.  By the way, did I tell you the Challenge on Norma Wilson's Blog is for 200 paintings.  She started from a book by Carole Katchen, 200 Great Painting Ideas for Artists. I was only going to do the one, but what the heck, I would only have 199 to go.  :)  I will just follow along with Norma and see who gives out first.  My first painting was "delicious" and I painted the guacamole.  I am starting late so will have to catch up.  I will go back and do the first few soon.

Meanwhile back to yesterday.  I was excited to work on the painting of fruit and forgot that part of the challenge was to paint fruit that was cut up.  I remembered about the time I was finishing.  This will make a  delay in the catch up plan.  So this will just be a Jo's Notion and I will paint my second challenge on Friday.  It will be just the pear and one apple as I ate one of the apple models today.

Odd Man Out, Pastel on Pastelbord, 7 x 5 inches


I used one of Lea Cundy's bowls for the apples.  You can see her work at Blue Donkey Studios across the street from my Gallery and on her website.  The bowl has wildflowers on the inside, very pretty and useful.

You can purchase this painting on Jo's Notions or my website.  $50.00 with free shipping in the USA.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm impressed you can do such fine work in a public setting. I'm going to check out this 200 challenge thingy. Thanks Jo!

Bag Blog said...

Nice apples. I got sidetracked by following the links and buying the ideas book - needed some inspiration and you always seem to have some.

Jo Castillo said...

Sheila, thank you. I'm not sure if I like talking or painting better, so the public painting is good for me. Ha.

Bag Blog, the book looks good, doesn't it. I'm just going to follow along. This is something like the Scavenger Hunts for sketching. Getting us to think out of the box. A challenge helps me focus.

Margo said...

Yummy painting Jo.

Jo Castillo said...

A belated thanks, Margo. I love painting apples, they are my fallback subject when I can't think of what to paint. And I haven't had time to work on the challenge, maybe this week.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)