Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Meeting Bag Blog

We are in Oklahoma City, you may remember. Thursday was very special. Bag Blog, Lou, and her husband, Toby, came to OKC to meet us and went with us to the Texas game (Texas beat Kansas!). Lou and I couldn't talk fast enough.... After the game we went to dinner on the Riverwalk and visited another couple of hours. Back to the Ballpark and watched a little of the next game where we rooted for Kansas State to beat Baylor, which they did. Thank you very much.

Jo and Lou (Bag Blog)

It was so wonderful to meet Lou and Toby, a start to a great friendship it seems. We hope to see them this summer again in New Mexico. I tell ya that we have enjoyed reading and posting on our blogs for two years or so. We have art, New Mexico, Lubbock and the way we grew up in common. Lou and I laugh and say we may be related as we do the same kind of goofy things sometimes.

Texas plays Kansas State today and the winner goes to the Championship game tomorrow. It is up to the Horns now, no depending on some other team to fill their destiny. :) You can read about the games on Joanna's Longhorn Baseball Page. The Oklahoma - Aggie game was very interesting last night. The winner of that pool will depend on both games today as they are all 1-1. It was a scoring fest!

I will post more photos tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to Lou and Toby for coming to see us and Go, Horns. Go!

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Jo, things have been so busy since I left you in OK City that I have not blogged at all. I have stopped by the TV or computer to catch up with scores. I never thought I would say this, but Hook 'em horns!

Meeting you was great. I hope I did not distract you from the game with all my talking :)

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Bag Blog, it was fun! We will get together again. I think we didn't talk enough. Ha. Horns won!!! So on to Regionals next weekend. Hook-em!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)