Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oklahoma City Fun - Sketch, Photos, a little Baseball!

Long day yesterday. Between the Texas game and Texas A&M game we went for a glass of wine on the Riverwalk. I sketched one of the boats that was at rest without the canopy open. Easier that way. Ha. Scavenger Hunt 131 ends today. I sketched in my small sketchbook with a Pilot ball point pen and added colored pencil at the hotel.

Number 6, yellow. One of the riverboats, not in use at the moment. It disappeared a while later, I guess they opened the top and put it to use.

A few photos from the day. I have slow adjusting of the photos as well as the slow internet, so only a few.

The entrance to the Ballpark.

The first game was between Kansas State and Kansas. This cute Kansas State batboy was so energetic, young about 6 or 7. I got a video, but toooooo long to load here, maybe when I get home.

Some of the Longhorns were checking out the first game.

The Big 12 Conference Championship Trophy was presented again to the seniors. Keith Shinaberry, Austin Wood, Preston Clark, Michael Torres and Travis Tucker.

I was attempting to keep score, so didn't take many photos during the game. Horns lost to Baylor, 9-14. Ouch. Baylor had an 8 run inning, hard to come back from that. Today should be better, right? The Horns play Kansas. (We plan to meet Bag Blog, Lou and her husband, at the game. Is that fun? We have been blogging buddies for a couple of years!) You can read about the games on Joanna's Longhorn Baseball Page with links to the Big 12 and the Longhorn Official page.

The riverboats across the street from the Ballpark.

We are staying in an extended stay place, same brand as we use in Albuquerque. That one is new and nice. This one is old and not top notch. The advantage to old is that I can hook up my old iBook with cable to the internet and don't have to use Gene's computer. The internet is so slow, it is like dial-up. I will change my blog a little, I would never wait for it to open if my internet was this slow. You will see some changes soon. I will leave off the followers and the rolling blog roll and ??? You will be able to check my links anyway without waiting for those perks for high speed and problems for slow speed. :)

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

We had a great time with you at yesterday's games. That bat-boy was too cute.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, we had fun, too. I just can't talk fast enough, too many years to cover.....

(my sign in letters: hunateap I think tuna heap, why always food?)

Joan said...

I'm so glad you are able to upload when you are away and that you continue to share your sketches and super photos!!!

Donna Crosby said...

I like the baseball pics and the sketch of the boat. Have you tried sketching the players?

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you!

Donna, Thank you, too. I posted some sketches today.

Sorry to both of you that I am so slow in answering.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)