Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blue Bell Madness, no art!

Well, for you poor folks that never heard of Blue Bell ice cream, I did a little research. You can read all about it on Wikipedia and visit their home page (under construction so not much there). They have a Country Store for hats and souvenirs.

We took our grandchildren to the creamery in Brenham, Texas, and they loved it. We had plenty of ice cream bars, ice cream sandwiches and just plain ice cream with the grandchildren at home. I can't keep it on hand or I will just keep on eating it, all by myself.


Regina, did you see they are making a chocolate chip mint ice cream bar now? Just for you, maybe. :) You said that Outback restaurants serve it. Yummmm. I thought back after your comment on the last post and decided that butter pecan is my real favorite flavor. Of course after I think a while, there will be more "favorite" flavors.

Blue Bell ice cream reminds me of a story. When we were in Bolivia we met Nan and Gibbs, native Texans. They had been in Sri Lanka also and were not with the Embassy there so did not have commissary privileges. Nan went to eat at a friend's home that was with the Embassy. The lady served lunch and said, "All I can offer you for dessert is some ice cream from the commissary. I have never heard of it, something called Blue Bell." Nan about fainted, of course. Who would have thought? Half way around the world! What a treat!

So if you folks out there get a chance to try Blue Bell, don't pass it up.

4 comments:

Regina Calton Burchett said...

"did you see they are making a chocolate chip mint ice cream bar now?" - No, but what great news!! We're taking a break from our diet on Saturday, so maybe I will track down a bar and blow my entire week's work. Heck, it would be worth it. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, Regina, you made me laugh. I haven't had any ice cream in ages .. of any kind. I try to get a blizzard once in a while at Dairy Queen when we are on the road.

Bag Blog said...

I have heard that the Blue Bell creamery was lots of fun. I will put that on my list of things to do in Texas. I think my ex-sister-in-law (Tish Hinojosa) sang the Blue Bell commercial back in the 80's.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag blog, it is an amazing tour. Didn't know you were "related to the rich and famous". She is a great singer.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)