Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mountain Sun, Oil Painting - Photos

I painted with the new Artisan water mixable oils. For one small painting they worked well. I did not order medium for them, so just painted with paint. I didn't try using a knife, this paint may not be quite stiff enough for a big knife painting. We shall see how this painting looks after sitting and drying. So far so good. The odor hasn't caught up with me yet, although now that I'm sitting here, I can smell my hands. I will go wash them again. I cleaned the brushes with Dirty Dog Soap and it has linseed oil in it, I think. Hmmm. No headache yet.


Mountain Sun
8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas

This landscape is in my hometown of Magdalena. I need to get some local scenes painted for my show at the Old Timers Festival in July.

Before I painted we went to play golf. Usually on Thursdays there are so few people at the course that it is like our private golf course. Not today, it is spring break in the Austin area. We still enjoyed the beautiful day, but played poorly. Ah well, we never play great. It is just so nice to be out. It is over 80 degrees F. now.

Golfers at Lost Pines Golf Course

A few bluebonnets at the corner of the highway. We don't have many around here.

A pile of the youpon and brush that Gene worked on yesterday afternoon. With a burn ban on, we will just store it for now.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I like the painting.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joanna, thank you very much.

Bag Blog said...

I love your Mountain Sun painting. Was the water oils similar to acrylic?

Jo Castillo said...

The oils are nice. They felt like oils, but are drying a little dark. Guess that happens when the water evaporates The painting is not dry yet, but will dry faster than regular oils it seems. I will take another photo this a.m. for comparison. I need to fix the mountain top a little as it needs to look like the real thing if I am taking it to Magdalena. Heh, heh.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1800) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)