Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Latte in Blue 2, Pastel Painting

This little painting is soft pastel on Art Spectrum Colourfix that is mounted on illustration board. 5 x 7 inches. It will be framed against the glass in a wooden frame that I have painted a dark blue. We shall see how that looks and I will let you know. :)

Gene bought me a latte machine last summer and I bought two of these cups. It looks so neat when the coffee is poured in and the milk comes to the top. We actually got the machine as my art buddy and good friend, Sue, was coming to visit in New Mexico and she is the one addicted to latte. I was told in Española, New Mexico, that what I drink is "AWT", a waste of time. I drink decaf with skim milk. Oh well.

I did the latte over again. Here was the first one. I took out the Bolivian cloth as it was too much for such a small painting. Some of the blue in the photo looks different in real life, such is the way with photos. I like it much better, I hope you do as well.

2 comments:

MD said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love the rich juicy colours and ..everything really.
BTW, I lived in Peru as a youngster and learned Spanish in Bolivia. Ny i-pod sings to me in Spanish and French!
And, yes I do have Firefox on my mac, but I still can't seem to post links!!! Very irritating. Mi nueva computadora no habla la misma idioma que la antigua!!!! LOL

Me encantan tus pinturas.
Abrazos
MD

Jo Castillo said...

MD, thank you so much. I love coffee and am drinking decaf now, but at least get the taste. Nosotros vivimos en Bolivia dos veces and en Peru 83-86. Bolivia is like our second home, about 10 1/2 years all together. I just love it. I miss the food.

Maybe your computer needs to study a little, too. We have always had Apple computers, so I favor them. Thanks for stopping by.
Jo


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)