Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two for March Show, Pastel Paintings

I did not get any shots of the Salsa Stuff in progress after all. It was too dark to photograph inside. It is soft pastels on Art Spectrum black paper. I like the way the black brings out the rich colors. 9 x 12 inches. I bought a white frame the other day for another painting, but I like the way it goes with this one. I will take a snapshot of it so you can see.



This is the final for Latte in Blue**. I'm just not going to spend any more time on that small painting! 5 x 7 on Art Spectrum paper, a blue color. It will be framed in dark blue.

**Or not. I just tried it in the frame that I was getting ready to paint to match .. and it is too close to the edge. If the frame cropped it, it might be OK, but it just touches the edge of the cup. Back to plan B, do it over again. Ha. Good practice.




Thanks for looking and commenting. There is time to change the names or any glaring errors. :)

3 comments:

Making A Mark said...

I draw out my image lines now - and then work over them intentionally - but knowing what it will crop back to.

Except every frame seems to be a bit different!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Katherine. I usually do that as well. This was on a precut piece and I just got carried away. :( I will come back to it after I do a few other things. I like the idea.

Susan Carlin said...

Wow, Jo! I love this one of the mug on the rug. Beautiful, beautiful!
Susan


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)