Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Routine Sketching

I guess it is back to the old routine of sketching.  Sue and I had a great time.  Much too short.  Then Saturday evening our air conditioner went out.  We noticed about 5:30 p.m. just after the hour to call the emergency services.  We were without  air until last night about 5:00 p.m.  Not good in this 100º temperature.  Luckily our house is insulated very well and with some cool down at night the inside temp never got over 86.  It was going to go up that evening but Michael got it fixed!  The fans had to work very hard.  We kept threatening to go to a hotel but toughed it out.  When the air came back on and the house got down to the normal 79º we felt cold.   The A/C has a dehumidifier and that is why we feel comfy at 79.  So back to normal in our comfort zone.

Now I can get back to normal in sketching, right?  I sat on the porch for coffee.  It was 73, I think, but 100% humidity, so not comfy.  Came in and sketched in my studio for Scavenger Hunt from Life 131, a new Hunt.  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-131-sept-24-oct-02.7300/


Number 1 three legs - a wooden floor easel full of junk
Number 2 animal - one of my small bears

Joanna came out on Friday or Saturday and there was a praying mantis on the hummingbird feeder.  I went out this morning to put some sugar water in the feeder and the mantis was still there.  I let it get off on the ledge.  When I came back and put up the feeders the mantis started slowly making its way back up the wall.  I looked again just now and it was gone.  Maybe finding a better hunting ground.

I should have sketched it, sigh........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about not sketching the praying mantis!

— (not-so-anonymous) Joanna

Joan Tavolott said...

I'm glad to hear that the AC is working again and you're comfortable. Your easel with the "junk" on it is sweet, as it the fuzzy little bear. Nice to see.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks (not-so-anonymous) Joanna. :-) I noticed this afternoon the praying mantis is back so maybe in the morning.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. My studio is the "junk drawer" of the house. So even the easels catch clutter. I'm trying to keep my studio straightened up after Sue was here but I notice there is already a box and some papers on the art table.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (999) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1855) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (24) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)