Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, June 06, 2024

Apples on the Loose - Pastel Sketch

A new Hunt and new list.  Fruit was on the list.  Apples are my favorite fruit to paint.  Always different and always fun.  Red is also fun to paint with.

 


For Scavenger Hunt 117 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-117-june-4-12-2024.6915/

Number 1 fruit - Apples on the Loose, Pastelbord 8 x 10 inches

I wiped off the previous apples, pear and lemon with a damp paper towel from the board.  The Pastelbord was dark green to start with so after the wipe off there was a motley gray background.  I left it aw it was with a bit of fresh green around the apples.  I had two apples in a bag.  To make a better composition I moved the front one to the back and off the edge.  It is always fun to be able to eat the models.

Carol Marine from Daily Paintworks likes to paint apples, too.  Her fall back item.  She has painted a few, you can see many apples on her blog.  Check this post, then hit the Home button or the link below this and look at her other recent apple paintings. 

https://carolmarine.blogspot.com/2024/06/splashy-apples.html

https://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/carol-marine-1

Carol is a fabulous artist, teacher, writer and generous person.  She has tutorials, books, and more.  She isn't doing workshops much anymore but has lots of "teaching" online.

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice pastel. I like the unusual composition with the apple going off the page. Is it scooting off to safety?

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. I was looking for a little different something with the apples. Ha, that gives an idea for another name ... and another composition.

bag blog said...

You do paint great apples. The minute I saw the painting, I thought, "That girl loves red." We did the Paint in the Park that the art council puts on every year. Plein air painting when everything is so green is difficult for people. It reminded me of painting with you in NM.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thanks soooo much. You know I love painting red and my fall back is always apples. Hope you had fun at the Paint in the Park. Enid says remember orange in the trees and Richard McKinley uses purple in the green trees. I'll go check your blog. I've been doing too much TV and baseball and overlooking my social side. Ha. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (999) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1855) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (24) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)