Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Screening Light Sketch

We usually keep the blinds open slightly during the day facing west as the TV is on that wall.  The other day when everyone was coming over Gene pulled up the blinds.  There was some terrific light and shadows on the wheelbarrows hanging on the shed.  Later Larry said something about the window being so clean he thought it was open.  Next morning I think I thought to take a couple of photos of the light.  I didn't look at them right away busy with other things.  

When I did look at the photos I had to laugh.  My iPhone camera had focused on the screen and this is the result.


I later took another photo above the screen but the light is different than I wanted.

Today I sat on the coffee table in that corner and  sketched.  No shadows as it was cloudy.  Maybe I will still paint a pastel of the light.  That was the plan all along.

Number 2 has wheel or wheels - the wheelbarrows hanging on the shed
Number 3 rough texture - bark of the trees

These are in the large Canson Mix Media sketchbook with a Micron 03 that doesn't have much ink or nib left.  It was actually good for the sketch as I could get varied strength of lines where it skipped.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 115  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-115-may-19-may-27.6867/

** *** ** *** ** *** **

Tonight the Longhorns play Texas Tech in the Big 12 Baseball Tournament in Irving at the Texas Rangers Stadium.  They are the last of 4 games today and supposed to start at 7:30 p.m.  I would guess it will start late with the other games in front.  At least there won't be weather delays as the roof on the stadium can be closed.  Hook 'em Horns!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That screen photo is too funny. :-)

I like the sketch.
— (not-so-anonymous) Joanna

Jo Castillo said...

Not-so-anonymous Joanna, the photo made me laugh. The window was so clear! Sigh. Thanks for the comment. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1000) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1856) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (25) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)