Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 15, 2023

Sketching and Procrastinating

The day, yesterday, had started of damp and cool.    We had been sitting around trying to decide what to do.  It was time for a sketch.  I got up and looked out .. wow!  We hadn't noticed that the sun was shining and it was about 70º F.  Gene decided to ride his trike and I decided to walk over by the ponds. 

I took the Ohuhu sketchbook and a Micron pen.  I sat on the first bench to the west and sketched. I don't usually take my phone, but with Gene on his trike I did take it.   While I was sitting there a friend, Lynda,  called.   Such a wonderful surprise.  She and husband, Bill, are in Idaho now. We know them from Magdalena, when I did shows there years ago.   Many good memories.  What a way to jump start my day!!  Thanks, Lynda!  

Number 7, free - I chose this scene from the bench.  I have sketched it before.  I sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Micron 03 pen and added the color when I got back to the house.  I can see the same view so had a good reminder for the color.

For Scavenger Hunt 94

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-94-dec-6-dec-14.6354/

So now back to procrastinating.  So much to do and not very excited about it.  Sigh.....

G
M
T
Y
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I'd be outside sketching too if it was 70 degrees here. We had rain and wind most of the day today. I scooted out to do a Sketchmas sketch but then came home to do some baking and assorted things. I lost track of what I was doing and burned a full tray of linzer cookies!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, Oh, no! I burned popcorn yesterday. I got tired of microwave popcorn so started making it in a pot on the stove and walked away. It did look like bad weather for you over the weekend. Did you lose power?

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thank you. Take care.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1851) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)