Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

The Wheel and Corner Glass

I sketched pretty early today, but did not get around to posting it.  Gene rode his trike and I did the stationary bike.  I was watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! on my bike ride and finished watching at the footstool while sketching. We have Directv and did not have NBC for about a month.  I've missed these two shows.  I watch them the morning after they show during my break or when exercising.  I keep wondering if the odds may catch up and I will win something on the Wheel.  You have to check your number if called within 24 hours.  Every once in a while I forget to watch or check on line in time and always wonder if I have "won" in the past and didn't know.  You can't win if you don't play!  (That was the lottery motto in Arizona when we lived there.)

For Scavenger Hunt 85 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-85-sep-23-%E2%80%93-oct-1.6055/

Number 4 corner - the corner of Gene's side table by his recliner.
Number 5 upside down and Number 6 right side up - a red glass with clear stem. 

The photo distorted the glass, the sides are straight up and down.  Usually it is my sketch that is not straight.  Go figure!


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I didn't realize you could play along with Wheel and win. When Jerry was bedridden we would watch Jeopardy together every night. We still watch it on occasion but since the writer's strike we got out of the habit. Glad you got some sketches done for the hunt. I haven't done much for this one. Maybe I should go grab my pen and do something now.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, thank you. Yes, the contestants have a $10,000 wedge in the second game I think and if they win the $10,000 then they draw from the audience that have signed up. So odds are terrible as you have to watch every day or check on line, your number is up for 24 hours. About like the lottery, ha. I've had a number for many years. I record it every day, and of course it isn't drawn again on the replays, so only new games. Pat Sajak is going to retire this season they say. I'm sure you sketch plenty, always much more than I do. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (359) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (77) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (108) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (301) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (410) pastel sketch (137) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (990) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1830) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (19) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)