Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Hanging in Pastels

Pastels kept calling to me.  You know I love them.  They are drawing and painting all together ... at once.  Love playing in the dust.  An item on the list was "hanging".  I would have liked to have had some clothes on a clothes line but not happening today ......

I wiped off the sketch of Chewie and put on an under painting on the Pastelbord.  I put on some pastel and wet with alcohol.  Nothing fancy.  I planned to have a rough background sprinkled with water but found that competed with all the texture in the items hanging on the wall so smoothed it out.

Number 11, hanging - some bags from South America, a balloon, a kangaroo rat and a unicorn. 

For Scavenger Hunt 85  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-85-sep-23-%E2%80%93-oct-1.6055/

Wiped off and some pastel and  alcohol added.  8 x 10 Pastelbord  It had evidently been used before the dog, too.  Lots of red, maybe geraniums or apples??


These hang in my studio to keep me company.


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like your combination of items in this sketch...fun!! I'm glad you got to play in the dust a little.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. These items just hang there, no other place to put them! They are out of the way and I can see them for the memories.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo this is a cute combination. I am sure these are special mementos. As always your pastels are superb! Makes me want to get mine out and play in the dust as well. Have a delightful weekend. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thank you so much. I do love the pastels .... and my toys.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)