Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, May 08, 2023

More Hunt 67 in Ink and Markers

Hey, I didn't sketch on the porch!  I took a folding chair to the yard and sketched the edge of the side porch. 

For Scavenger Hunt From Life 67
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-67-may-2-may-10.5443/

You can click on the images to see them a bit larger.


Number 8 exterior - sketched in the ArtStreet sketchbook with Ohuhu pens and Blick Gray markers.  I shouldn't use the markers in this sketchbook they bleed to the back of the paper.  There will not be a sketch on the back of that.  I usually use both sides of the paper in the sketchbooks.

Number 9 claw - a claw hammer from Gene's tools.
Number 10 unusual art tool - an antique metal scraper that belonged to my brother, Powder.  It holds an old double edged razor blade and you loosen the wing nut to open it and to hold it closed for safety.  I use it to sharpen pencils.  I sketched it half open and closed.  You open it straight back to use as a scraper.  It has been very handy.  It has to be at least 80 years old don't you think?  He probably got it from my dad with some of the horse shoeing equipment.  Hmmmm.

My dad ran a filling station for a while.  Maybe the scraper was to remove the stickers from windshields.  It would be interesting to know.  Gene is the one that recommended I use it to sharpen my pencils.

As a working cowboy my dad did everything.  The cowboys worked the cattle, did the pluming on windmills, built fences and corrals, did road work, gardens and cared for other animals for food like chickens.  My dad was a great cook.  He was the mechanic, carpenter and electrician, too.   He had some neat tools for all his "cowboy" work and adapted many for multiple tasks.


1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like that scraper. Someone was thinking when they designed that. Nice that it has been in the family for so long.

Hmmm...we see another view of your house. Nice sketch!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)