Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, March 09, 2023

Watery Coffee

 The new Scavenger Hunt from Life 60 has some vague ideas that you can almost pick anything to sketch.   We've had head of lettuce, neck of a bottle, fingers of a glove, etc.  Fun.  We've also had lots of people sketches for the body parts.


1….hair
2…head
3…eyes
4…ears
5…mouth
6…nose
7…neck
8…arm
9…hand
10…finger
11…waist
12…butt
13…legs
14…feet
15 & 16 ……pair or two different of a kind
17 & 18…… pair or two different of a kind
19 & 20……pair or two different of a kind
21 & 22…….pair or two different of a kind
23…free space
24…free space
25…free space
26…free space

I decided to sketch two different of a kind, but in one sketch, so do I count that as 1 or 2 items.  

It doesn't really make a difference as long as we sketch.  We are allowed substitutes, we just have to sketch from life.

I counted it as 1.

Number 1, pair or two different of a kind - our coffee cups this morning.  I had a pottery cup and Gene drinks out of a metal Canteen mug to keep his coffee hot.  They are on the leg of the glider which has a hole for your cup or glass.  I sketched with a pencil and used watercolor.  It was too loose so I added some ink with a Micron 03 and a Prismacolor chisel pen.

Blick Art Materials (Dick Blick) has some good prices on Canson sketchbooks.  They didn't have any the other day when I bought the Strathmore Visual Journal.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/canson-xl-mix-media-pads/


 


11 comments:

bag blog said...

Good job with the watercolor! I like the Gene's cup - nice shading and it sets in the hole well.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, bag blog. I'm still feeling like I'm not painting with the watercolors. One of these days..... :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

Fun to see the different coffee cups/mugs you are using. I like how you added the glider arm too. I'll have to check out Blick's website. I should stock up on some Canson sketchbooks and get some paint too. When I stop at the actual store they rarely have the sketchbooks I want.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joan. Yes, I should stock up. I did buy a "pair" of the watercolor sketchbooks last time when I was looking for the small one. Never think of buying ahead!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

It's been a very long time since I've done one of these scavenger hunts. Love that you are still at it. I should get back to it.

ashok said...

Good job Jo 👏

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thanks. Always fun to see your photos and your art.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks. Have a great week.

R's Rue said...

Have a lovely day.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, back at ya. Hope you are rested up.

Jo Castillo said...

Helen, thanks. The Scavenger Hunts have sure kept me going. I can get in a quick sketch when I'm waiting someplace, etc. Takes longer to post! Thanks for commenting and sorry it took me a couple of days to answer. Sometimes the email doesn't come and I forget to go and search the comments.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)