Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, February 24, 2023

Outdoor Fun

An outdoor fun watercolor sketch for you today.  Joan sketched a playground on the Hunt.  Seemed like a good idea. 

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 58
https://creativespark.art/threads/hunt-58-%E2%80%93-feb-19-%E2%80%93-feb-27.5183/

Number 10 outdoor fun - the playground at Fishermans Park.  Not a kid in sight.  It is cool and cloudy so no one playing.

This is in my new sketchbook for the car.  Hopefully I will remember to put it in there after scanning the sketches so I will always have a sketchbook and watercolors in the car.  Fingers crossed!

I shopped at Jerry's Artarama in Austin.  I picked up a donation for the Austin Pastel Society Show.  They are generous and we thank them for their support.  I bought a Strathmore sketchbook, 5.5 x 8 inches, 68 pages, 90 lb paper.  I really wanted a new Canson Mix Media but they didn't have any. I have a large one of the Strathmore (given to me by my art buddy Sue Modrak) but I like the paper better in the Canson books. I also bought a new pen, an Acurit .30.  It seems nice and is a bit cheaper than the Microns and Zigs, made in China of course.  Oh, and of course a few pastels.  Pastels are addictive.

 
 
We went to town to go to the post office.  We dropped off the envelope and decided to try the new hotdog cart.  It was parked by the museum on Main Street.  The dogs were pretty good.  They were a bit cold by the time we got to the park to eat and sketch, I should have let him put them in a "to go" box.  Learned something.  I am back on my gluten free diet so mine was without a bun.  

Bastrop has the cart like New York, eh?  They have also put in a food truck court just off Main on Chestnut.  They covered a seating area in the middle.  About 4 trucks we could see. New eating out places in our small town.  We will have to try that as well.  Parking isn't great by that area.  It was after 1:00 p.m. when we went by so found parking on Main for the hot dog cart.  The food court will be nice for folks walking around town. 

More new things to sketch, too, right?  

The Longhorn baseball team plays the Indiana Hoosiers here, in Austin, this weekend.  We hope to get to the daytime games.  Hook 'em Horns!

Joanna's friend, Brennen Leigh, is at The Bugle Boy tonight in La Grange, Texas.  You can stream on line by going to https://thebugleboy.org/ and clicking on live webcast.  They stream most of their shows on Friday and Saturday, good live music in a quiet listening room.  A great way to listen to music.  You are up personal with the artists as they perform and tell their stories.  You should check it out.  You can see the future schedule on the website.  Have fun!!

 



4 comments:

ashok said...

Lovely plaything. Pity no kid is enjoying

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Love the sketch. I keep a bag with sketchbook, pens, pencils and a small watercolor pallete in my car. Instead of taking the sketchbook inside to scan I take a photo with my phone.

Joan Tavolott said...

I like your sketch of the playground. Hot dog carts don't usually stop me, but we have a taco truck about 15 minutes away that makes me want to stop every time I'm in the area...and even when I'm not. They are the best I've had locally. Right now they are closed because it is a bit too cold for them to stay open. I check FB to see if they are around. lol

Jo Castillo said...

ashok, thank you. It was a shame that no youngsters were around. Just as we left some teenagers came and were riding one of the merry-go-rounds. Today was much nicer to be out.

Joan, thanks, you inspired the playground with your sketch of the swings. We have a good Tex-Mex food truck about 2 miles from the house, Rena's. I called this morning at 7 to order breakfast tacos and they had overslept and said they would be ready at 8. Ha. We don't do hotdogs very often but it was fun to find the cart. I will have to sketch it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (49) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober2024 (2) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inktober2024 (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (69) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (1001) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1860) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (26) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)