Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Watercolor with No Hands

I had plans to go to Smithville with a friend and do some plein air.  It was cold this morning and windy this afternoon.  This called for us to cancel the plein air and for me  to go out in the neighborhood and sketch from the mobile studio (car) a la Joan Tavolott.  https://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/  She paints year round out and about.  Gene went with me for company and to get out of the house.  We were gone about 45 minutes.

I sketched in my new Canson Mixed Media sketchbook.  It is 9 x 12 inches and the paper is 98lb which means it is a bit heavier for water.  The book has 60 pages and is heavy to hold.  I drew with the Micron 03 and added watercolor and a bit of colored ink with Zig Millennium red and blue.  I did not include any hands in today's sketches.

Number 8 mailbox - these are around the corner and a couple of streets down from the house.  It was interesting there is a bucket around the second mailbox.  There was a newspaper it it.  Hmmm.

Number 9 fire hydrant - this is by the fire station across the lakes from the house.  Too bad one of the big firetrucks wasn't out.  This is where we go to vote.  We can just walk across the dam between the lakes.

It was nice to be out even if I didn't actually paint with an artist friend and it was in the car.    Maybe after Thanksgiving.

Joanna picked up my new computer today!!!  She will bring it out tomorrow and we will set it up.  We'll see how long it takes to learn how to use some apps.  I will have to have one to adjust my photos, my Photoshop will not work on the new computer.  A few other things that I like to use will also be obsolete.  Sigh.  Change is hard.



 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the sketch-paintings, Mom. And, I should be there in a couple of hours!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna, Anonymous. :-) We are here.

Joan Tavolott said...

Sorry you didn't get to do plein air with your friend, but at least you got to sketch from your mobile studio. I always like scenes like that with mailboxes...reminds me of vacationing in the country. It is funny that hydrants are different colors. Most of ours here are yellow. When I took the workshop in Times Square, the instructor said one of the things he loves about sketching in the USA are the hydrants. They don't have them like these in England...or electrical wires since their wires are all underground. These made me smile.

Joan Tavolott said...

Good luck with the new computer!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. It is good to get out with other artists. We plan to do that soon.
,ost of the hydrants are blue here. The stripes on this red one are blue.
The computer is still in process. Joanna will be out about noon to finish up. Thank goodness for her.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)