Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, August 08, 2021

When You Think About It Sketches

Did you miss me?  I need to write my blog post when I'm thinking about it.  If I don't, I forget all the wonderful ideas I have or had.  I've never been good at lists so if I do jot something down I won't find it or even remember I made a note or list.  I never kept a diary or journal.  The Scavenger Hunt sketches have been the best thing to keep me posting here and doing my "journal".  I started my blog in 2006 for the Hunts and have been pretty faithful to it.

If I'm sitting at my computer I usually put a link or reminder right into the next blog post and then when I go to write, I have the reminder.  But ... if I'm not at the computer it is usually lost until the time has past for the idea to be relevant.

Our son David and Lisa, his wife, were here for a week.  It was so nice to see them.  We visited and enjoyed just the four of us and the others in between.  Then on Friday night, all the Texas bunch got together at Jennie's and Brandon's.  First time in several years for everyone to be in one place.  With all the iPhones and photographers, did we get any photos?  Only one.  We did have a great time.

Gene making Margaritas for us.  So good.....  The only photo.
 

It is very quiet here now.    I'm hosting Scavenger Hunt 689 so really needed to sketch.

Yesterday after David and Lisa left, I sketched while watching TV with the big book on the footstool with the Micron 02.  Number 1, hobby - I like word puzzles of all kinds.  I do not care for logic or plan ahead games like Chess.  I like card games, too.

Today we sat on the porch for our coffee and some Fruit Cocktail Cake.  I sketched in the big book with the Micron 02.


 

Number 2, coffee and Number 3, edible.


The real thing.
 
 

Christy sent Christmas ornaments from the great grandkids with David and Lisa.  Fun to have new ornaments and that they came special delivery is even better.

 



 

6 comments:

R's Rue said...

I want a margarita please. I love when you post.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks so much. :-) We had a late lunch and have some simple syrup left from the weekend so maybe will have a margarita and snacks for dinner/evening. You are welcome to share!

Jennifer Rose said...

only one photo? so too many Margaritas?? 😛

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Ha, that would be a good excuse. Of course our professional photographer doesn't drink! So sad, we hadn't all been together in several years .. more than 5 I think.

Bag Blog said...

I often have great ideas for blogging, but these days I rarely get them down. There are so many things I should be doing better at - painting being one of them, exercise being another, but I just can't seem to make myself getter done. Gene and the margaritas sound wonderful. I miss you guys.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I wish I had Gene's energy and dedication. He has always been so good at riding his trike. The margaritas are smooth. We need to get together and drink some of Gene's.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)