Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Too Much Info and a Sketch

This post will probably be too much info but what can I say?  It was Mothers Day and stuff happens.  Our adult Texas kiddos came out.  We had lunch of Gene's famous brisket and roasted veggies and salad.  We visited, played Telefunken, opened gifts, and had dessert.  It was a fun long day.

I made New York Lindy's Cheesecake from McCalls Magazine.

Photo of me and Jennie.

Lunch


Joanna brought fun-time cookies from Haley Cakes & Cookies in Austin.  They make beautiful designs.


Telefunken a progressive rummy card game.

I got some fun gifts:

My new animals for my stuffed zoo.


24 colors of drawing pens!



After everyone left, I tried out the fun sketchbook that you can flip upside down and open either way.  The book is 8 x 10 inches.


I sketched a plant/flower for Scavenger Hunt 677 to use as many colors as possible from the selection of 24.  Not very successful, about 9 of the colors were dried up.  They have nice long nibs and the other colors are nice.  I could not find the company online to exchange them.  Guaranteed 100%.  I did find the same pens on Amazon but they were out of stock and Joanna didn't get them there anyway.  So, so much for the guarantee.  It will be fun to have some different colors in pens anyway while they last.  :-)  So much faster for sketching in the big book than colored pencils.  The kiddos know what I like.

I also got and old Apple TV from Larry so we can watch UT baseball which I stream on my phone for away games.  Local games are on TV on the Longhorn Network.

I will get a new to me, hand me down iPad from Jennie (and Brandon) to upgrade there.  
 
Visited with David by phone.

So as the old saying goes, "A good time was had by all!"

We are so thankful to be in pretty good shape for old folks and have a wonderful bunch of kiddos to take care of us.  Yay!




8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

nice to see you face :) shame about the pens tho

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Jennifer Rose. The pens were not expensive, so there's that. Fun while they last. Will try them again today.

Joan Tavolott said...

Sounds like a great day with the kids...food, games, gifts, and their company!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, it was a wonderful day. We are having a delightful spring. Some rain and not too warm.

Bag Blog said...

That sounds like a lovely Mother's Day. Jesse came with her little dog and had fajitas with us. She brought me a huge hanging basket of flowers to kill this summer. I will enjoy them while they are pretty.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you kill flowers, too? We are definitely related. I used to always have a violet around. Maybe I could get one of those to stay alive. The kids said I used to always have an avocado growing. Haven't done that in years. Maybe......

Bag Blog said...

When the kids were little, I would grow avocados. They loved that. Bo grew one in college until it was a good sized tree. He must have gotten the ability to grow things from other side of the family. I like cactus - very hardy.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, my avocados never got over 3 feet in a pot in the house. I haven't had cactus in years either. Something to think about now that we aren't traveling.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)