Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Delta Lima Sketches

For Scavenger Hunt 679 we are sketching from the phonetic alphabet used for radio chatting: alpha, bravo, charlie, etc.  Whiskey and x-ray don't take much thought of what to sketch.  Some of the others take thought to associate or just use the letter.

Sketching out on the porch was a nice option.  We are having drizzling this morning.  It is about 72 degrees so nice to have the house open, except everything will feel damp after a while, especially paper and sketchbooks.  So for a while I will keep the house open.



For Scavenger Hunt 679  https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-679-may-18-may-26/

Number 4, lima - lime in Spanish is lima and the little pot was bought in Lima, Peru.  It went through the fire and has a bit of gunk and discoloration. 
Number 5, delta - there is a delta at the mouth of the dry stream that runs into the pond under the bridge.  It was too wet to go down and sketch it close up which was my original plan.  The stream will run when we get a couple of inches of rain or more.  Yesterday and today we've only had about .7 inches of rain so just wet enough to have mud and soppy grass.

Eric Rhoads has a good Sunday Coffee post about thinking positive.  I am pretty sure this is right.  When I worked at Continental Airlines back in the 60s ... yes there were airlines way back then, I wanted to go to a party and my schedule had me working until 11:30 p.m.  I decided to "get sick" and leave work about 7:00 or so.  I pretended to feel bad and did a good job.  My supervisor sent me home.  By the time he decided I was sick .. I was sick.  I went home and went to bed.  No party.  I did a good job of convincing myself.  This can happen in self confidence and other ways and for the better.  Check out the blog post:

https://streamlinepublishing-art.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=fdeea652a89ec3e970d22a86698ac8c4.4336&s=33dc90ca7f2b31c9b1aa16bd13c3f8b3

Think positive and come back and see me.

8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

22C is nice, a lot better than than rainy 10c we are having now :/

Jo Castillo said...

Brrr. Jennifer Rose, much better here. When we lived in Chile we had a Centigrade thermometer in the bedroom. In the winter I was so happy when the room would warm to 16c in the daytime! Loving your new mermaids and the new 3D sculpture/drawings.

Mary said...

Hi Jo, Enjoyed your fun story of talking yourself into feeling sick. The word association of lime and Lima is clever and creative--as you always are--and you also always manage to find lovely compositions on your property and nearby. I will look at the thinking positive post--we all need that!

Jo Castillo said...

Mary, hi and thank you. I think it is very easy to convince me of things. Good thing I'm mostly around good and positive folks. Ha. I do think as artists we strive for perfection and put ourselves down a bit when our results aren't as we planned. But, hopefully that passes quickly! Especially when a friend says we are clever. :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

Good sketches! I like the post about positive thinking...something I tend not to do. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. Yes it is hard to stay confident. Good friends help!

Himawan Sant said...

I love your invitation to always instill positive thoughts into ourselves.
You have sketched artistically.
Greetings.

Jo Castillo said...

Himawan, thank you so much. I enjoyed the beautiful photos and stories on your blog.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)