Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sketching as Time Goes By on Flag Day

Happy Flag Day!
I'm mighty proud of that ragged old Flag.....  This is the Johnny Cash song:


I can't believe how time is flying by while I feel it is crawling by.  I lost a whole day or more somehow.  I can't believe it is Friday ... uh, Sunday.  Sigh.  I have sketched for the new Scavenger Hunt 636.  I just didn't get them posted.


I was checking this link and I find that you cannot see all the images if you are not a logged in member.  that is a shame because some of the sketches and paintings are so good.  New and better, right?   Another sigh.

Number 1, Open package, Micron 02 pen
Number 2, landscape, Micron 02 pen
Number 3, metal (cans) and Number 4, plastic (lids) iPad sketch with Art Rage
Number 4, wooden - the bridge and bench sketched while Gene walked around the lake, Micron 02 and watercolor
Number 5, from the yard (flag) and Number 6, person (Gene) about a 5 minute sketch, Micron 02









You can see I was outside for these.  Our mornings are beautiful this week.  We were able to sleep with the windows open.  We put a new rug on the porch and it is extra nice out there.  Yippee!

***  **  ***  **   ***

The situation in our country is very depressing at the moment.  What happened to making changes by voting?  Destruction does not help anyone.  The rioters (they are not protesters) even burned new housing and businesses that were helping the communities.  The angry stage of grief does not give permission to destroy and maim.  We need respect all around.  We are all Americans.

People are still afraid to go out.  Gosh, restaurants are inspected and supposed to be clean.  Go eat out and if it isn't up to standard, don't eat there.  Isn't that what we always did in the past?  Wash your hands and don't touch your face.  Take care but go live.  We used to say, "Columbus took a chance."  That is not acceptable anymore.  Sigh......

I have been following an artist on his blog for many years.  John Weiss is now a retired policeman.  When I first started following him he was working and most of his sketches were cartoons about the police and home.  Now most sketches are cartoons about artists and he has become a painter in retirement.  This is an excellent post, pretty long.  Hope you read it. 



Again, Happy Flag Day!
God Bless the USA!  I'm proud to be an American.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like the cans the best - the color makes them fun. John Weiss' blog is good. I bookmarked it.

Joan Tavolott said...

Happy Flag Day!!! I like your color sketch by the lake. Our restaurants are just opening up curbside dining. It will be a while before I get out for a meal, but I did do takeout from a local place the other day. I'm tired of cooking!!! lol

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks so much. I don't sketch often enough on the iPad or iPhone so every time I'm learning all over. Still I enjoyed doing this one. I didn't worry much about the letters as I wanted a sketch not a drawing. John Weiss is a neat guy. He has had some wonderful cartoons. He had one of an artist painting plein air and someguy comes by and buys his palette as an abstract piece.

Joan, thanks. Hope you get to get out some soon. A challenge for you two to get "moving" again. Cooking is not my favorite anymore, so we eat out a lot.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)