Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Hibernating and Sketching

Why is it that when you are told you shouldn't go out, that is when you get antsy and want to go out?  We can easily hibernate and not go anywhere for days on end.  But the new "social distancing" has us staying in and it is not comfortable.  Crazy. 

The media is trying to scare us to death and are siding with China.  China started the whole thing and are now trying to blame the USA and hold back medicine and other things.  The US has offered help to China, Iran and everyone else and they refused.  People watch sound bites that have been picked out of news conferences instead of watching the whole thing.  Shouldn't we be listening to the government - nationally and locally - for our information instead of some celebrity or "talking head".

We will pull together and the US will persevere and come back to our old selves where we can bicker at leisure.

In the meantime, back to art.  Again, it seems like the more time I have, the more time I waste.  I did sketch this morning in the big book with a Micron 02.  I sat at the dining table and was looking to the left.  Is that why it everything leans to the left??  Hmmm.

Number 1, fire extinguisher which is white, our other is red.
Number 2, recycle bin - a copper trash can we use for our recycle in the house.

Number 3, waiting room - the living room where we are mostly hibernating to wait out the Chinese Corona virus.

Many of the items on this list are out and about.  It has been cool and rainy so we are invited to substitute and get creative.  Hence, the recycle bin is from in the house.  Also the waiting room is here as we don't have any immediate doctors appointments or work on the cars.

We miss eating out, baseball and music.  Joanna has been working at home and watching her concerts on-line and tipping there.  Not the same as seeing and listening in person.  Several others in the family are working at home as well.

Hope you all are faring well and able to check on your "old folks".  We are basically doing fine!

10 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Like you I get that urge to get out and use my car as an extension of my home. I'm the only one in it and unless I am some place with a lot of space, I don't even get out. I keep my Lysol wipes handy as well as my laytex gloves. I keep scoping out views of the outdoor object for the hunt. lol Glad to see you have found some things inside to sketch. Keep it up!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, thank you for stopping by. It is good to get outside. Not expecting much rain and it is warmer. Today is probably a trike ride for Gene and a walk for us both. And a slight chance for art. Ha.

Jennifer Rose said...

the PM here has pretty much locked down the UK because people were being very very stupid about being in large groups, so now no more than 2 people and no unnecessary leaving the house. I wasnt going anywhere anyway lol MS gives me a reason to be a hermit lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, it's crazy. Our politicians are arguing about the most insignificant things instead of health and economics. Sigh....

Bag Blog said...

I haven't minded he staying home, but the whole thing is very depressing. I have lots of questions, because the media is so confusing. I really hate this. Today I am going to WF to get toilet paper for my friend. My little brother is a TP salesman - ha! I can hook you up!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, good luck with your shopping. I have a list on our HEB, the earliest we can order for pickup is April 5. Looks like several things to get in store today are not available, but may be by the time we get there. It rotates around. May have a different brand.
It is hard to do art when all this other stuff is in the back of your mind. Gene gets more nervous about the politics than I do. We have no control at this point and he hates not being in control. Type A.

Bag Blog said...

Jo, I don't think of myself as a type A, but it is a line that I cross now and then. "Nervous" over politics is not the word I think of. But at times, I want to kick butt and take names.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog "But at times, I want to kick butt and take names." We all know that feeling. All the talking heads on TV turn into experts and run with the wildest and sometimes untrue events. "The facts, mamm, just the facts!" I think Sgt. Friday said that on Dragnet in the old days.

I just looked up mamm or ma'am and in one of the definitions on answers.com it says, "ma'am (it is madam with an apostrophe to indicate the omitted sound). also maam, 1660s, colloquial shortening of madam (q.v.). Formerly the ordinary respectful form of address to a married woman; later restricted to the queen, royal princesses, or by servants to their mistresses." What happened to polite to any woman. Sigh.... Guess you have to say, "sir" to everyone now.

Bag Blog said...

I needed that little bit of instruction on spelling. I rarely write ma'am because the spelling is confusing, but now it makes sense. Thank you ma'am.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you are most welcome, ma'am.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)