Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Cooker Sketch

The new list has cooking pot for one of the items.  This is the first time to sketch our pressure cooker as I recall.  It is pretty handy and easy to wash.  I'm figuring out the timer.  I have only used a regular pressure cooker on the stove and am used to the cooking times.  I usually cook beans, tamales and maybe soup in the pressure cooker.

For Scavenger Hunt 622  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1477332

Number 1, cooking pot - pressure cooker, one of these days I will pre-sketch the ellipses with a pencil, right?

The sunset on Sunday was very nice.  The most colorful part is behind the trees to the right at this time of year, but I still liked it.


I put a few sketches and practice pieces on my website for viewing and sale.  Can't hurt and maybe someone will like them for fun.  My website is pretty well done.  I'm still doing my newsletter list on Mail Chimp and deciding what to do with that. 

I'm also keeping my blog here for the time being.  I like how blogger works for now.  Some of the links will not work but I will fix them as I find them.  Let me know if I've lost the link to your page or something you want to see.

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketch of the pressure cooker. I've never used one but I remember my mom using hers a lot. I have no more room for any cooking tools. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. The electric one seems much safer to use. It doesn't appear to open with pressure inside. My sister burned herself by opening too soon, way back in the 50s and she has never used one. In Bolivia in the altitude we needed one as it takes much longer to cook food, especially beans. I've used one forever and had my mother's until our fire. (The same one that my sister opened.)

Jennifer Rose said...

we dont have the space for a pressure cooker, just have space for a toaster lol yay for small uk kitchens

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, sometimes more space is a problem, more room for more junk. We have a house full.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)