Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Hunt 613 Sketching

Wow, "the hurrier I go, the behinder I get!" (from Alice in Wonderland's, White Rabbit)  The other of his I use is, "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!"  At any rate Scavenger Hunt 613  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474115  really snuck up on me, it started on the 7th.

Number 1, kitchen appliance - thinking of sketching with Mary, I pulled out her small blender she left behind and sketched with the Prismacolor pens and a Rollerball for the white.  An under-drawing in pencil would have been a good idea for the lines which have slight curves.  I like the challenge free hand.  So ....

We got the tree up yesterday.  I assume you know that is a Christmas tree.  Artificial.  We considered briefly to have a real tree ... very briefly.  The artificial one looks the same every year.  We usually add a couple of new decorations.  We get a Texas Lotto tree ornament from Jennie and Brandon and a Texas State ornament from Joanna. (You can put 'Christmas' in the upper left search on my blog for more info than you care to know and see the tree.)

We did remove the glittery topper and bows that had glitter.  It gets everywhere.  I bought an antique angel (no lights) for the top, I've sketched it before.

 The sketch, upper left.

The tree a couple of years ago with the angel and no glitter.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

we need to clear a space to put our tree up, its a cross between xmas decorations and halloween decorations lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Yes, that little table is always full of "stuff". When we take the tree down that corner looks empty for a couple of weeks, then I get used to it again. I guess you have Hallowmas.

Joan Tavolott said...

We have an artificial tree too...much easier when we travel for the holidays...and even when we don't. I need to get a new topper for our tree. I bought a new tree last year because I finally got tired of the old one that only lit on the bottom. But this one has a very thick top piece that is so hard to get into the ornament I use, and looking at it now it is bending too far forward. I looked for an angel topper last year and never found one.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, you were like us. Our old tree was from the 70s . We have one now from after the fire. It is pretty good and not to hard to put up. Lights are not attached so we got some new LED lights this year, just one string. We had the old twinkle lights where each bulb twinkled on it's own. I loved that. I haven't seen the bulbs in about 5 years, I got some on e-bay. Hope you find your angel, I found this old one at an antique shop, it is metal and doesn't light up. Happy Christmas.....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)