Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Two for One Sketch

I am happy to see that the Inktober Day 23 is ancient.  Joe made the list for Scavenger Hunt 607 and put ancient on that list as well.  I only have to do one sketch today!  Thanks, Joe

Inktober Day 23 Ancient
Scavenger Hunt 07 Ancient

I sketched in the big book.  I decided to add a bit of Inktense to the sketch which I sketched with a Prismacolor 03.  Inktense are pencils made with ink pigment and will spread with water.  The paper in the big sketchbook doesn't handle water well, but I didn't wet it too much.

The basket is an old one Mother had with some pottery and rocks from New Mexico. 

The jug is from Peru, it is supposedly a copy of Inca pots, but very well could be old.  There were many pots in Peru and kids would set them up like tin cans and throw rocks at them.  The museums are full of pots that look like this one.  Our jug is broken from the fire in 2011. (search Bastrop fire in upper left)

The stone is a weapon or tool, I think from Bolivia.  It is very old and also broke in the fire.  It may be granite.

** *** ** *** ** *** **

I made one of Gene's favorite meals the other day, pork chops and rice with tomato sauce and oregano and garlic.  We eat it with red chile from New Mexico and tortillas.  We usually have green beans with it, but frijoles (pinto beans) would be better.  Don't know how we started with the green beans.  Maybe I just didn't want to cook frijoles.


I only had a little bit of chile made up so I just put it in the rice and pork chops.  It wasn't enough to satisfy Mr. Gene so last night I made some more chile.  I made enough to freeze  some so we won't run short in last minute dining choices.  Ground beef is in the pot where I added the chile.  Yummmm.  This particular chile is medium hot.




No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)