Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Not Forgotten Sketches for Hunt 595

I had not forgotten you, my special friends and readers.  These sketches are for Scavenger Hunt 595.  I'm a bit behind as usual.  It started on July 16.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21637526
 
The Wild Rivers Paint Out is over and I still have to work on my photos for that and our trip to Angel Fire.  My watercolor painter friend, Joan Tavolott  http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/   is on a trip and posts every night and does a million sketches a day.  Not sure how she can accomplish that.  I was exhausted at the end of every day. 


We were in Red River waiting to pick up our paintings on Sunday, so after lunch Gene and I went up the High Road Canyon and found a place to nap.

I sketched in my watercolor sketchbook with a Zig 05 pen and the watercolor markers.

Number 1, Tree/plant/bush/shrub - just about all in this sketch.

 Number 2, Flower - some poppies in front of the Town Center, direct watercolor in the watercolor sketchbook.

Number 3, flour - Gene got our flour in a flour sack.  So cute!  I thought I could make a dish towel like the old days.  Toby said I should make a dress.  Clever guy.
Number 4, plastic - measuring cup
Number 5, fabric - woven wool coaster
These were with Zig 05 pens and some Pitt brush pens in the travel multimedia sketchbook.

And a couple of photos of the poppies in Red River and the spot where we napped.  I forgot to take my view, I was up a bit higher and couldn't see the river.  It was a pretty spot on a beautiful day.







We are enjoying our house and the great weather as we should.  Hopefully I will get up some paintings and fun from the Paint Out.  It is on facebook under Wild Rivers Plein Air Paint Out
https://www.facebook.com/Wild-Rivers-Plein-Air-Paint-Out-173054286401478/

Back soon...

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very gorgeous watercolour poppies :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you. Lou (Bag Blog) inspires watercolors. We both painted with pastels for the paint out.

Joan Tavolott said...

Thank you for the shout out! Hope you enjoyed the paint out!!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, the paint out was great! You see how much I got posted though.. :-( Don't know how you do it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)